The GraphQL API for Vector
View Vector metrics and explore Vector topologies using GraphQL
Vector now has a GraphQL API that you can use for a variety of purposes:
- To view Vector’s internal metrics
- To view metadata about the Vector instance
- To explore configured Vector topologies
We have plans to enhance the API in the coming releases by enabling you to, for example, re-configure Vector via the API.
The GraphQL API for Vector is disabled by default. We want to keep Vector’s behavior as predictable and secure as possible, so we chose to make the feature opt-in. To enable the API, add this to your Vector config:
[api] enabled = true address = "127.0.0.1:8686" # optional. Change IP/port if required
For a more in-depth look at the API, check out:
- The recent announcement post for the API from esteemed Vector engineer Lee Benson.
- Our [official documentation]
- The Rust code behind the API
To give the GraphQL API a spin, check out the Vector GraphQL Playground, which lets you run queries against a hosted Vector instance.